One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Try every possible course of action in order to achieve something.
persevere, continue, carry on, go on, keep at it, keep on, keep going, keep it up, not give up, be persistent, be determined, follow something through, see something through, show determination, press ahead, press on, plod on, plough on, stay with something, not take no for an answerView synonyms
- ‘In these circumstances, I believe that the Government must leave no stone unturned, including the possibility of new legislation, should it be required.’
- ‘In his attempt to leave no stone unturned, he carries on with narrative lanes that arrive, often abruptly, at a dead end, thereby disrupting the film's natural flow.’
- ‘Those involved in the Lisselton Culchie Festival Committee have left no stone unturned in their preparations for the big occasion and an awful lot of work has gone on behind the scenes ensuring that the event runs smoothly.’
- ‘He and his men are obviously leaving no stone unturned in having the best possible team available for the defence of the All Ireland crown with the winning of the Leinster title the first objective.’
- ‘A successful mission analysis requires officers and soldiers who leave no stone unturned to discover the facts - especially the critical ones.’
- ‘The developers are doing their bit in keeping the entrance to the site as tidy as possible and will leave no stone unturned in their efforts to comply with the requirements of the local committee.’
- ‘They have left no stone unturned to achieve this end.’
- ‘Members worked around the clock to achieve this breakthrough and will leave no stone unturned until the two outstanding escapees are back behind bars and not a threat to society.’
- ‘The Corporation or municipality should give top priority to the improvement of the public health system and leave no stone unturned towards achieving their objective.’
- ‘The Regional supremo left no stone unturned to ensure that each and every youngster enjoyed the experience and gained maximum benefit from the sterling work of the talented and dedicated coaches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.