One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bonus payment to an employee when annual leave is taken.‘casual workers miss out on leave loading, superannuation, and other entitlements’
- ‘The company has staff on contracts that include a 48 hour week with no penalty rates or leave loading.’
- ‘Some workers were being paid annual leave loading, while others weren't.’
- ‘The annual leave loading or the appropriate shift allowance is payable on annual leave—whichever is the greater.’
- ‘The Court found today that ambulance officers are entitled to annual leave loading of 17.5% on eight weeks annual leave per year.’
- ‘Just sign here, and you'll get a minimum wage for 60 hours a week work with no penalties or overtime, no annual leave loading, and no prospect of a pay rise.’
- ‘In the public sector additional time off is provided in lieu of annual leave loading.’
- ‘The abolition of annual leave loading and other benefits would achieve only relatively small savings and is likely to enrage public sector workers, according to a human resources expert.’
- ‘Your rate of pay is inclusive of leave loading, all allowances, penalties, and public holiday pay.’
- ‘The cook claimed she was paid under the award rate of about $14.50 an hour, did not get paid leave loading when she took holidays, was required to work more than a standard eight hour day with no overtime, and was asked to work weekends and public holidays without penalty rates.’
- ‘In the automotive industry, an arrangement has been developed where leave loading will be an incentive based on years of service.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.