One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low-growing evergreen shrub of the heather family, found in north temperate regions.
Chamaedaphne calyculata, family Ericaceae
- ‘Trees of every variety tower above you - leatherleafs, firs, oaks and elms.’
- ‘The combination of altitude, moisture, sunlight, and rich volcanic soils make the perfect environment for the best quality leatherleaf.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the methods used to grow leatherleafs and other fern types is often less than benign.’
- ‘A half-dozen crows burst up out of one of the leatherleafs and silently winged their way north.’
- ‘Pine trees and leatherleafs dotted the slopes of the mountain and a small path appeared in his view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.