One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At least.‘I don't hold with foreigners, leastways not here in King's Magnum Parva’
- ‘There used to be a homeless encampment, but the city finally cleaned them out… or leastwise moved them a couple of blocks north as best as I can tell.’
- ‘It's rumored he's involved in rustling trail herds, but so far, he ain't broke no laws, leastwise, any that I can pin on him.’
- ‘The first one is a relatively stable area; leastways the changes are not very dynamic.’
- ‘Damn, you can't use a bow'n'arrow out a car window, leastways not over eighty mile an hour.’
- ‘Now there's some o’ the swells as got plenty, - leastways it ought to be, - an’ yet they want more, an’ they ain't by no means partic'lar whether it's honest or not, the way they gits it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.