One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of estimating a quantity or fitting a graph to data so as to minimize the sum of the squares of the differences between the observed values and the estimated values.
- ‘Why is it that the least squares regression line is said not to be resistant to outliers?’
- ‘Other topics related to total least squares, errors-in-variables modeling, and their applications are also welcome.’
- ‘The general least squares process can be used to solve a set of equations for a set of unknowns.’
- ‘For linear models, the least squares minimization is usually done analytically using calculus.’
- ‘One thing is certain, to find the least squares polynomial the above linear system must be solved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.