Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Worst out of a group which are all desirable or of good quality.‘our best and least best engineers are leaving for fantastic offers’
- ‘It is pointless to try to rank them from best to least best, so they are listed in chronological order.’
- ‘He was in many ways the least best person to address this problem.’
- ‘The mother in the end receives the least best deal from the whole affair but can't complain because of the state she feels in after having sold her own flesh and blood.’
- ‘If the children in care are a very distilled group who have the most difficult, challenging and tough experiences, you will find that they go on to have the least best outcomes.’
- ‘He is the least best of a fairly saintly bunch.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.