One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Worst out of a group which are all desirable or of good quality.‘our best and least best engineers are leaving for fantastic offers’
- ‘It is pointless to try to rank them from best to least best, so they are listed in chronological order.’
- ‘He was in many ways the least best person to address this problem.’
- ‘The mother in the end receives the least best deal from the whole affair but can't complain because of the state she feels in after having sold her own flesh and blood.’
- ‘He is the least best of a fairly saintly bunch.’
- ‘If the children in care are a very distilled group who have the most difficult, challenging and tough experiences, you will find that they go on to have the least best outcomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.