One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to an internal combustion engine designed to run on a lean mixture to reduce pollution.‘lean-burn technology’
- ‘The main difficulties came from the variability between cylinders, which was amplified during lean-burn operation.’
- ‘Such diesel engines and ‘lean-burn’ petrol engines are more economical than conventional engines.’
- ‘With lean-burn natural gas, propane or dual-fuel industrial engines, you face tough, twin challenges in exhaust emissions control - with stiff penalties for non-compliance.’
- ‘They have been proven to go beyond the lean-burn limit of a standard spark ignition.’
- ‘Businesses that run lean-burn, spark-ignited natural gas industrial engines face the same challenges as other gas-fueled engine operators - and then some.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.