One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Closely sealed or fitted so as to prevent leaks.
- ‘Fight summer's heat waves by keeping your favorite beverages cool in our new 12-pack leakproof insulated cooler bag and tailgater 24-pack leakproof insulated cooler.’
- ‘His wheat-starch-based prototypes are sturdy, attractive, convenient to use, and just as leakproof as their polystyrene counterparts.’
- ‘Place the turkey in sealed, leakproof packaging.’
- ‘Ubiquitous for good reason, collapsible doggie bowls are virtually spill-free in the car, totally leakproof, and packable.’
- ‘Buyers were getting very picky because of the leaky homes saga - as wise developers we had met the public concerns by shifting to materials that were leakproof and resistant (eg treated timber), before it became mandatory.’
- ‘How could it possibly improve its incredibly durable, absolutely leakproof, lifetime-guaranteed bottles?’
- ‘Specimens were collected and transported in clean, leakproof and labelled containers to the laboratory.’
- ‘The spray skirt has a light and pliant nylon construction, and a thick PVC coating renders it leakproof.’
- ‘The nozzle is guaranteed leakproof for a period of 3 years.’
- ‘Already, engineers are working on leakproof ways to handle the gas.’
- ‘The two plates fold over each other to create a leakproof outlet, and the plates' ‘memory’ returns them to their position after the pouch is opened for emptying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.