One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Closely sealed or fitted so as to prevent leaks.
- ‘Specimens were collected and transported in clean, leakproof and labelled containers to the laboratory.’
- ‘Place the turkey in sealed, leakproof packaging.’
- ‘His wheat-starch-based prototypes are sturdy, attractive, convenient to use, and just as leakproof as their polystyrene counterparts.’
- ‘The two plates fold over each other to create a leakproof outlet, and the plates' ‘memory’ returns them to their position after the pouch is opened for emptying.’
- ‘Fight summer's heat waves by keeping your favorite beverages cool in our new 12-pack leakproof insulated cooler bag and tailgater 24-pack leakproof insulated cooler.’
- ‘Already, engineers are working on leakproof ways to handle the gas.’
- ‘The spray skirt has a light and pliant nylon construction, and a thick PVC coating renders it leakproof.’
- ‘Buyers were getting very picky because of the leaky homes saga - as wise developers we had met the public concerns by shifting to materials that were leakproof and resistant (eg treated timber), before it became mandatory.’
- ‘How could it possibly improve its incredibly durable, absolutely leakproof, lifetime-guaranteed bottles?’
- ‘Ubiquitous for good reason, collapsible doggie bowls are virtually spill-free in the car, totally leakproof, and packable.’
- ‘The nozzle is guaranteed leakproof for a period of 3 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.