One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Soccer or Australian Rules football played in one of a country's main professional leagues.
- ‘In all, 43 Ormond footballers have played league football.’
- ‘Adrian along with brother Eddie have excelled at Maddington in their first season of league football.’
- ‘In 1967 Dean took me to the city from Boulder to see my first game of league football.’
- ‘It was to be my first live game of league football without adult supervision.’
- ‘His 19 years there make him easily the longest serving manager in British league football (three longer than Alex Ferguson in second place).’
- ‘There are always worries about the first round of the championship, which is totally different to league football.’
- ‘Mark Fenton, making a comeback to York league football, struck a hat-trick including two penalties.’
- ‘Allen uncovered 112 students who played league football for University.’
- ‘He is playing league football to enhance his footballing education.’
- ‘Ably assisting him has been Danny Webber, whose 12 goals this season have all come in league football.’
- ‘Brazilian league football is the best in the world.’
- ‘Obviously there are other factors involved, namely the less secure status of Brazilian league football is not an ideal situation to live in.’
- ‘To be perfectly honest I found it much harder adjusting to non-league football rather than league football.’
- ‘Without these juniors, league football could be finished.’
- ‘This time the chief destroyer turned out to be a slip of a lad making his first start in league football.’
- ‘This gave the club the stepping stone to league football which arrived at the Mill in 1933.’
- ‘And he is itching to get back into the swing of league football.’
- ‘Sports lovers can enjoy Nationwide league football with Walsall Football Club.’
- ‘Great teams in league football have usually been the result of sustained team-building efforts.’
- ‘Two years on, Ballycarney Celtic are prepared to join league football.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.