One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Its reassuring vegetableness, its green leafiness, the way it looked natural on a farm, spoke to our deep cabbagey values.’
- ‘The first, the ‘natural’ approach, is to avoid excessive leafiness around the fruit, which means that bunches are better exposed to sun and wind which dry the fruit after rain or dew.’
- ‘Back in the imperial leafiness of central Washington, that's exactly what senior officials in the Bush administration tell me he will offer early next year.’
- ‘Lots of dark, ripe fruit on the nose with cedar wood and a slight greeny leafiness.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the sharpening air threshes the veteran bronze leafiness of the oaks and strips the pines, fretful in the breeze, of their needles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.