Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun], [usually with modifier] Any of a large number of fungal, bacterial, or viral plant diseases which cause leaves to develop discoloured spots.[with modifier] ‘banana leaf spot’
- ‘Other problems that could be bothersome include mildew, leaf spot, and bacterial blight.’
- ‘Remove and burn all leaves that show signs of rust or bacterial leaf spot.’
- ‘Anthracnose, Alternaria leaf spot and Aschochyta leaf spot all are more severe under conditions of high humidity and high temperatures.’
- ‘If leaves become spotted and drop prematurely, your tree has some bacterial leaf spot; apply copper-based fungicide early in the season.’
- ‘Resistant to 3 races of bacterial leaf spot, this hybrid has excellent yields and impressive size.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.