One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
mass noun, usually with modifier Any of a large number of fungal, bacterial, or viral plant diseases which cause leaves to develop discoloured spots.with modifier ‘banana leaf spot’
- ‘Resistant to 3 races of bacterial leaf spot, this hybrid has excellent yields and impressive size.’
- ‘Other problems that could be bothersome include mildew, leaf spot, and bacterial blight.’
- ‘Anthracnose, Alternaria leaf spot and Aschochyta leaf spot all are more severe under conditions of high humidity and high temperatures.’
- ‘If leaves become spotted and drop prematurely, your tree has some bacterial leaf spot; apply copper-based fungicide early in the season.’
- ‘Remove and burn all leaves that show signs of rust or bacterial leaf spot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.