One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who visits particular areas, especially in New England, to view the autumn foliage.
- ‘It's not autumn until leaf peepers overmatch the bargain zombies in the outlet malls of Vermont.’
- ‘Whatever charges his batteries would surely charge mine, so we picked days after the tourists left but before the leaf peepers arrived.’
- ‘The quest is for the perfect moment, the exact time and location when a leaf peeper will encounter the height of foliage color and experience foliage ecstasy.’
- ‘It's the sight that draws millions of ' leaf peepers ' to the U.S. each October and November.’
- ‘And until November 2, leaf peepers can call a twenty-four-hour fall foliage hotline telling them exactly when and where to catch peak colors throughout the region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.