A small deep-bodied predatory freshwater fish, with mottled brownish-green coloration which gives it a leaf-like appearance.
- ‘Grand sea fans enliven a reef inhabited by leaf fish, lionfish, and a polychromatic array of nudibranchs.’
- ‘There are ghost pipefish, harlequin pipefish, an array of different frogfish, leaf fish, small octopus, sea horses - the list goes on.’
- ‘Small animals like the leaf fish and the ghost pipe fish make exciting discoveries.’
- ‘I watched as a poisonous leaf fish was evicted from the dwelling of one of the many moray eels; lionfish, electric rays and scorpionfish abound.’
- ‘On one dive, the guides found a couple of leaf fish, the most beautiful I had ever seen, hiding away in a crevice; beside them several lionfish were hunting glassfish.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.