One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, deep-bodied, predatory freshwater fish, with mottled brownish-green coloration that gives it a leaflike appearance.
Two species in the family Nandidae: Monocirrhus polyacanthus of South America, and Polycentropsis abbreviata of Africa
- ‘Grand sea fans enliven a reef inhabited by leaf fish, lionfish, and a polychromatic array of nudibranchs.’
- ‘On one dive, the guides found a couple of leaf fish, the most beautiful I had ever seen, hiding away in a crevice; beside them several lionfish were hunting glassfish.’
- ‘There are ghost pipefish, harlequin pipefish, an array of different frogfish, leaf fish, small octopus, sea horses - the list goes on.’
- ‘I watched as a poisonous leaf fish was evicted from the dwelling of one of the many moray eels; lionfish, electric rays and scorpionfish abound.’
- ‘Small animals like the leaf fish and the ghost pipe fish make exciting discoveries.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.