[mass noun] A plant condition distinguished by the presence of curling leaves, caused by environmental stress or disease:[with modifier] ‘peach leaf curl’
- ‘It should have been under cover from the end of November, but hopefully the leaf curl fungal spores aren't active yet.’
- ‘For peach leaf curl on peach and nectarine trees, spray with lime sulfur after leaves fall.’
- ‘Strictly speaking it is hardy, but the easiest way to prevent it getting peach leaf curl is to stop rain falling on it and splashing the fungal spores onto the leaves.’
- ‘To control peach blight and peach leaf curl, spray with lime sulfur mixed with dormant oil after leaves have dropped; repeat in January or early February.’
- ‘It, unlike local varieties, was susceptible to the leaf curl virus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.