One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The shedding of leaves by a plant.‘frosts may trigger leaf-fall’‘reduced leaves and early leaf-fall’
- ‘We don't expect to eliminate the problems that leaf-fall causes.’
- ‘The basis for this onset of sensitivity is uncertain: it might be related to leaf-fall or completion of a low-temperature requirement for bud development.’
- ‘For each parent shoot type, ten branches were collected in winter, after leaf-fall.’
- ‘Trees like pilkhan and kusum have the fascinating characteristic of heavy leaf-fall during March.’
- ‘The train company, which has made controversial changes to its autumn timetable, says it wants to highlight the problems caused by leaf-fall as many passengers don't understand why leaves can make train conditions difficult.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.