One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for subtonic
- ‘For example, the leading tone, the seventh note of the musical scale, known as ti (doh re me fa so la ti… doh) predicts or refers to the tonic, doh.’
- ‘This line of thinking reasons that the resolution of the leading tone, for example, must be rendered by Ti to Do; Si to La, as occurs in La-Based Minor, simply will not do.’
- ‘A strongly accented weak beat, an isolated high note, an unresolved leading tone - all these suggest that somewhere, somehow, later on their unrealised implications will be ‘actualised’.’
- ‘The absence of a leading tone in most tropoi results in the demotion of the fifth chord to a secondary chord, with other chords now assuming a ‘dominant’ role.’
- ‘A good tool for determining the new key is to identify the new leading tone, which is located one half step below the new tonic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.