One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for subtonic
- ‘In the Key of C, B is the leading note because it is the note before C.’
- ‘Prelude No 2 is rather like a rag, but with a fascinating tune where the emphasis is on the leading note.’
- ‘Later in the same movement, we find a leading note in the bassoon that does not rise to the tonic.’
- ‘In the third movement, it forms the leading notes of one of the main themes.’
- ‘This sharpening of the leading note at cadences was practiced quite early in the history of polyphony.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.