One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A window consisting of a lattice of small panes held within strips of lead.
- ‘The buildings display architectural detail both externally and internally with ornate cornices, traditional sash and case windows, leaded lights, timber panelling and original fireplaces.’
- ‘Some of the front windows have well-scrubbed leaded lights, while others are covered by faded sheets of old newspaper.’
- ‘He was celebrating the evening mass at about seven o'clock when all the leaded lights in the windows started popping and stones started coming through.’
- ‘We live in a 1926 house with Crittall windows and leaded lights, and need to replace the bars and handles.’
- ‘An open screen of geometric leaded lights was inserted between the stairs and front room, the arrangement yielding an open hall/sitting room for visitors, and a secluded family room behind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.