One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A window consisting of a lattice of small panes held within strips of lead.
- ‘The buildings display architectural detail both externally and internally with ornate cornices, traditional sash and case windows, leaded lights, timber panelling and original fireplaces.’
- ‘An open screen of geometric leaded lights was inserted between the stairs and front room, the arrangement yielding an open hall/sitting room for visitors, and a secluded family room behind.’
- ‘He was celebrating the evening mass at about seven o'clock when all the leaded lights in the windows started popping and stones started coming through.’
- ‘Some of the front windows have well-scrubbed leaded lights, while others are covered by faded sheets of old newspaper.’
- ‘We live in a 1926 house with Crittall windows and leaded lights, and need to replace the bars and handles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.