One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Take an active role in what one is urging and directing others to do.‘in his two appearances as captain, he led from the front’
- ‘Needless to say, he has also established himself as a successful captain who leads from the front.’
- ‘The chief executive believes in leading from the front.’
- ‘Unlike many leaders, he led from the front rather than from behind.’
- ‘He has grown into the role as captain of the club he clearly loves and leads from the front.’
- ‘He led from the front and was never found wanting.’
- ‘Years after its formation, the association has led from the front in introducing various programmes for protecting the river.’
- ‘He was good to have on your side and a great captain who led from the front.’
- ‘He leads from the front which is what a good captain should do and he is very good at taking care of the younger players.’
- ‘He leads from the front and will not accept anything but total commitment; other players respond to that.’
- ‘Both she and her husband are role models in their respective ways and should lead from the front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.