One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-distance relationship.‘I was in an LDR with a guy in a different country’
- ‘LDRs are tough, and the 8 hour time-difference makes it very difficult to schedule phone calls.’
- ‘It's hard to avoid jealousy in LDRs.’
- ‘It does bear noting that the information age has made LDRs both easier and more difficult.’
- ‘He bought me a diamond necklace for Valentine's Day and, when we were involved in our own LDR, used to spend hours composing witty emails.’
- ‘A successful LDR has to have trust, as you know, and plenty of it.’
- ‘People will argue that LDRs are unrealistic because your time together is "always the honeymoon."’
- ‘When you're in an LDR, especially in college when you don't know when you'll see each other next, all break-up-etiquette is off.’
- ‘Of course, anyone in an LDR will tell you that the fun weekends together come at a cost that surpasses the currency spent to facilitate each visit.’
- ‘Characteristic of our LDR,my boyfriend would not be attending, but instead watching the show at his home in Victoria.’
- ‘I've been with my sweetie for three and a half years, with a two-year LDR stint in the middle.’
- ‘I was in an LDR for over a year and a half.’
- ‘I wasn't crazy about it, but willing to try an LDR.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.