One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-distance relationship.‘I was in an LDR with a guy in a different country’
- ‘When you're in an LDR, especially in college when you don't know when you'll see each other next, all break-up-etiquette is off.’
- ‘I was in an LDR for over a year and a half.’
- ‘LDRs are tough, and the 8 hour time-difference makes it very difficult to schedule phone calls.’
- ‘A successful LDR has to have trust, as you know, and plenty of it.’
- ‘It's hard to avoid jealousy in LDRs.’
- ‘Of course, anyone in an LDR will tell you that the fun weekends together come at a cost that surpasses the currency spent to facilitate each visit.’
- ‘I've been with my sweetie for three and a half years, with a two-year LDR stint in the middle.’
- ‘He bought me a diamond necklace for Valentine's Day and, when we were involved in our own LDR, used to spend hours composing witty emails.’
- ‘Characteristic of our LDR,my boyfriend would not be attending, but instead watching the show at his home in Victoria.’
- ‘I wasn't crazy about it, but willing to try an LDR.’
- ‘People will argue that LDRs are unrealistic because your time together is "always the honeymoon."’
- ‘It does bear noting that the information age has made LDRs both easier and more difficult.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.