One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cholesterol present in the blood as low-density lipoprotein, a relatively high proportion of which is associated with a higher risk of coronary heart disease.‘when LDL cholesterol levels are elevated, saturated fat intake should be limited’
- ‘The dieters showed no change in their total cholesterol or LDL cholesterol, while the nondieters had significantly decreased theirs by the end of the study.’
- ‘His LDL cholesterol was elevated, and he was started on a statin drug even before transfer to our hospital.’
- ‘Water-soluble fiber in oats is believed to help reduce the amount of LDL cholesterol circulating in blood.’
- ‘Since having high LDL cholesterol has been linked with heart disease, it is a good idea to make sure your cholesterol levels are healthy.’
- ‘Elevated LDL cholesterol is related to plaque buildup and heart disease, problems that many bodybuilders experience as they age.’
1960s: short for low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.