One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being unwilling to work or use energy; idleness.‘it was sheer laziness on my part’
idleness, indolence, slothfulness, sloth, shiftlessness, inactivity, inertia, sluggishness, lethargy, languor, torpidity, slowness, heaviness, dullnessView synonyms
- ‘I no longer maintain the harsh criticism that students harbour apathy or laziness.’
- ‘Many believers feel inadequate and discouraged, but this is no reason for laziness or inactivity.’
- ‘The fall in the number of people voting has very little to do with inconvenience, apathy or laziness in the electorate.’
- ‘I stay with them through apathy and laziness, despite the fact that I could find a cheaper partner elsewhere.’
- ‘Another problem is the laziness of shop owners and law enforcers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.