One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be completely unsuccessful.
- ‘After laying an egg like this, who is he to cast aspersions at the likes of Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese?’
- ‘I don't blame him for losing in the first round and don't think he laid an egg.’
- ‘The team continued the annual tradition of laying an egg by acquiring a player that they didn't need for more money than he was worth.’
- ‘Upon graduating from Avondale High School for the Performing arts, I went to Clark Atlanta Unviersity and totally laid an egg.’
- ‘The magazine really laid an egg with this article, which ranks right up there with the worst and most inaccurate articles they have ever published.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.