One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be completely unsuccessful.
- ‘The team continued the annual tradition of laying an egg by acquiring a player that they didn't need for more money than he was worth.’
- ‘After laying an egg like this, who is he to cast aspersions at the likes of Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese?’
- ‘The magazine really laid an egg with this article, which ranks right up there with the worst and most inaccurate articles they have ever published.’
- ‘I don't blame him for losing in the first round and don't think he laid an egg.’
- ‘Upon graduating from Avondale High School for the Performing arts, I went to Clark Atlanta Unviersity and totally laid an egg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.