One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The family discord has been in progress for about two weeks, said the man, attributing it, in part, to the laxness of previous discipline.’
- ‘The kingdom has been criticised by the United States for laxness on fighting terrorism.’
- ‘We are so inured to the laxness and corruptness, that we defend the bullies and liars.’
- ‘There will be no place for such laxness this Sunday.’
- ‘This is rather a relaxing prospect and suggests a hectic world becoming more gentle but please note, it does not mean a laxness regarding looks.’
- ‘I think a lot of immigration lawyers like myself laughed when we heard about the laxness of our immigration system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.