One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both are known as the pre-Code era, although a loose, laxly administered set of standards was already in place for both media.’
- ‘Quite often, this is effected by moving the money through an intermediate country where money-laundering rules are applied laxly, if at all.’
- ‘In the early twentieth century, twenty-eight states restricted child labor by law, but most of the laws were vaguely worded, full of exemptions, and laxly enforced.’
- ‘The everyday ‘sceptical’ view is that most people's epistemic standards are too low or too laxly applied, not that the very idea of justification is fatally flawed.’
- ‘The school had wanted to expand school enrollment and wanted to make sure that there were enough qualifying students, which was why the teachers graded laxly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.