One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A garden party.
- ‘On May 11, he was supposed to go to a lawn party held every year to honor a young man killed years before.’
- ‘But the staff threw a lawn party for Annie and two younger Sligo girls on a golden August afternoon.’
- ‘Even at the French ambassador's welcoming lawn party last fall, convivial speakers had to compete for attention with a baby gazelle nibbling randomly at the toes of international guests.’
- ‘The plan for the day was to arrive at a lawn party being thrown by Jameson.’
- ‘A large number of the guests then adjourned to a lawn party at Risingholme, where they were received and entertained by the father and mother of the bridegroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.