One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A period appointed for the sitting of law courts.
- ‘He referred to his many addresses he delivered during the law term opening of the years in question, and he invited the group to review and examine his statements.’
- ‘However, the court lists are crowded for the period between now and the end of the present law term, July 31, and a judge may not be free.’
- ‘At Tyburn there were about 140 such executions every year, taking place in grisly clusters during the four law terms when the courts were sitting.’
- ‘Once again, the Chief Justice used the annual platform of the start of the law term to address the highest judicial and national concerns.’
- ‘The case will now be put on a cause list and for a new trial date, which is expected to be in the new law term.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.