One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Act allows non-U.S. citizens to bring civil lawsuits for abuses ‘committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.’’
- ‘The pirate, by this definition, exists like a malevolent satellite to the law of nations.’
- ‘Originally, international law was, literally, the law of nations.’
- ‘He must claim that it is justiciable to the extent that it can be shown to be repugnant to the law of nations.’
- ‘A final aspect of the overseas patents attuned to the civil law and the law of nations is, perhaps, also the most controversial passage to be found in these documents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.