One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A government employee appointed to enforce the law, such as a police officer or sheriff.‘he developed the fingerprinting techniques still used by law enforcement officers today’
- ‘We will have sky marshals who will be armed law enforcement officers.’
- ‘Charges that he tried to illegally influence two state law enforcement officers were pending.’
- ‘We don't want our law enforcement officers injured or sabotaged in the process.’
- ‘What you're having is a situation where law enforcement officers are being authorised to commit criminal acts.’
- ‘In all past wars, our law enforcement officers have turned over enemy belligerents to military authorities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.