One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A government employee appointed to enforce the law, such as a police officer or sheriff.‘he developed the fingerprinting techniques still used by law enforcement officers today’
- ‘In all past wars, our law enforcement officers have turned over enemy belligerents to military authorities.’
- ‘We will have sky marshals who will be armed law enforcement officers.’
- ‘What you're having is a situation where law enforcement officers are being authorised to commit criminal acts.’
- ‘Charges that he tried to illegally influence two state law enforcement officers were pending.’
- ‘We don't want our law enforcement officers injured or sabotaged in the process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.