One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an independent publicly funded advisory service on legal matters.
- ‘When completed, six courtrooms will be available, along with a family law centre, large waiting area, consultation rooms and facilities for the disabled.’
- ‘Two of the complaints were made by London law centres.’
- ‘From that germ, as such, grew all sorts of other law centres and community law centres throughout the country.’
- ‘Independent welfare rights advice agencies, law centres, disability organisations and some local authorities have welfare rights units.’
- ‘Local law centres often offer benefits advice’
- ‘He said the situation was particularly difficult for domestic violence sufferers and said it was critical the law centre opened.’
- ‘The law centre has documented at least 25 known incidents of newspaper theft this academic year alone, Goodman said.’
- ‘Your local Citizen's Advice Bureau, law centre, local Women's Aid group, civil court clerk or the National Domestic Violence Helpline can give you more information.’
- ‘The law centre celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.’
- ‘If you need help or advice please take this notice immediately to a citizens' advice bureau, a housing advice centre, a law centre or a solicitor.’
- ‘He praised the work of community based law centres in helping individuals, but pointed out that there is not a single community-based law centre in Scotland outwith the central belt.’
- ‘He isn't targeting the law centre or any of the other users - the messages are usually about his mates.’
- ‘From mid-September, the law centre also plans to tackle problems in Keighley by providing an outreach advice service on employment rights.’
- ‘Separating spouses can contact any of 30 law centres throughout the country to obtain legal aid.’
- ‘The size and the comprehensiveness of these collections make it one of the most important public and free law centres.’
- ‘It is an independent, charity community-controlled law centre that aims at tackling unmet legal need within the local area and other areas of legal need in Scotland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.