One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an independent publicly funded advisory service on legal matters.
- ‘Separating spouses can contact any of 30 law centres throughout the country to obtain legal aid.’
- ‘Local law centres often offer benefits advice’
- ‘He isn't targeting the law centre or any of the other users - the messages are usually about his mates.’
- ‘When completed, six courtrooms will be available, along with a family law centre, large waiting area, consultation rooms and facilities for the disabled.’
- ‘The size and the comprehensiveness of these collections make it one of the most important public and free law centres.’
- ‘From that germ, as such, grew all sorts of other law centres and community law centres throughout the country.’
- ‘If you need help or advice please take this notice immediately to a citizens' advice bureau, a housing advice centre, a law centre or a solicitor.’
- ‘He said the situation was particularly difficult for domestic violence sufferers and said it was critical the law centre opened.’
- ‘Two of the complaints were made by London law centres.’
- ‘From mid-September, the law centre also plans to tackle problems in Keighley by providing an outreach advice service on employment rights.’
- ‘The law centre has documented at least 25 known incidents of newspaper theft this academic year alone, Goodman said.’
- ‘The law centre celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.’
- ‘It is an independent, charity community-controlled law centre that aims at tackling unmet legal need within the local area and other areas of legal need in Scotland.’
- ‘Independent welfare rights advice agencies, law centres, disability organisations and some local authorities have welfare rights units.’
- ‘Your local Citizen's Advice Bureau, law centre, local Women's Aid group, civil court clerk or the National Domestic Violence Helpline can give you more information.’
- ‘He praised the work of community based law centres in helping individuals, but pointed out that there is not a single community-based law centre in Scotland outwith the central belt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.