One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Scotland) a solicitor.
lawyer, legal representative, legal practitioner, legal executive, notary, notary public, advocate, attorneyView synonyms
- ‘‘What was the cost of the consultants, law agents, outside legal teams and the council meetings that took place day and night? ‘he questioned.’
- ‘He left the meeting at this point with his law agent and a senior official.’
- ‘The privilege of a law agent depends upon his acting strictly on the instructions, and as the mouthpiece, of his client.’
- ‘The details are then passed over to a law agent or legal representative or in some instances to the local Gardai.’
- ‘‘The county manager has the law agent to advise him, but councillors should have their own advice,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.