Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Scotland) a solicitor.
lawyer, legal representative, legal practitioner, legal executive, advocate, attorneyView synonyms
- ‘He left the meeting at this point with his law agent and a senior official.’
- ‘The privilege of a law agent depends upon his acting strictly on the instructions, and as the mouthpiece, of his client.’
- ‘‘The county manager has the law agent to advise him, but councillors should have their own advice,’ he said.’
- ‘The details are then passed over to a law agent or legal representative or in some instances to the local Gardai.’
- ‘‘What was the cost of the consultants, law agents, outside legal teams and the council meetings that took place day and night? ‘he questioned.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.