One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Scotland) a solicitor.
lawyer, legal representative, legal practitioner, legal executive, notary, notary public, advocate, attorneyView synonyms
- ‘He left the meeting at this point with his law agent and a senior official.’
- ‘‘What was the cost of the consultants, law agents, outside legal teams and the council meetings that took place day and night? ‘he questioned.’
- ‘‘The county manager has the law agent to advise him, but councillors should have their own advice,’ he said.’
- ‘The details are then passed over to a law agent or legal representative or in some instances to the local Gardai.’
- ‘The privilege of a law agent depends upon his acting strictly on the instructions, and as the mouthpiece, of his client.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.