One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, not everyone in the community is enamoured by the lavishness of the monument and some describe it as an eyesore.’
- ‘Next day, the show opens, with many speeches and compliments, and a dinner of faintly embarrassing lavishness.’
- ‘Oscars goody-bags are renowned for their lavishness - with up to £60,000 of gifts for nominees and presenters earlier this year.’
- ‘With a huge staircase dominating the stage, and coupled with the outrageous lavishness of the monarchy, this is a truly grand affair.’
- ‘The effort put in by everyone involved, the scope and the lavishness of the production are evident and can be mistaken for greatness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.