One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, not everyone in the community is enamoured by the lavishness of the monument and some describe it as an eyesore.’
- ‘Next day, the show opens, with many speeches and compliments, and a dinner of faintly embarrassing lavishness.’
- ‘The effort put in by everyone involved, the scope and the lavishness of the production are evident and can be mistaken for greatness.’
- ‘Oscars goody-bags are renowned for their lavishness - with up to £60,000 of gifts for nominees and presenters earlier this year.’
- ‘With a huge staircase dominating the stage, and coupled with the outrageous lavishness of the monarchy, this is a truly grand affair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.