One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A basket for holding clothes and linen that need to be washed or that have been washed.‘she tossed the towel into the laundry basket’
- ‘An upside-down laundry basket serves as a makeshift nightstand.’
- ‘When police arrested him, they recovered £140 cash from a laundry basket at his home.’
- ‘He handed me a dry pair of socks from the laundry basket.’
- ‘Yesterday's shirt is currently a crumpled ball in my laundry basket.’
- ‘She now finds the climb from the basement, carrying a laundry basket, daunting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.