One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Laugh uncontrollably or for a long time.‘the audience was laughing themselves silly’
- ‘All three nearly passed out as they laughed themselves sick.’
- ‘When my vision finally cleared enough to get a good look at the culprit, I focused in on the store manager who was laughing herself silly.’
- ‘By now he was laughing himself silly on the other end.’
- ‘The author's name has caused untold hilarity among Britain's schoolboy humour forum, and I've laughed myself silly.’
- ‘I can just imagine them laughing themselves sick as they made the burger.’
- ‘Jon and I have been watching this show every week with splendid abandon, laughing ourselves silly at a safe distance.’
- ‘He seemed to be laughing himself silly at some of the jokes at his expense, but it may be that he's a good enough actor to fake enjoyment.’
- ‘I wouldn't say the crowd laughed themselves sick, but I was regretting not bringing the video camera for Kirsty's home videos.’
- ‘Needless to say, we spent the afternoon laughing ourselves silly.’
- ‘I laughed myself silly over her comparison of children to terrorists, and her tales of her domineering, movie star mother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.