One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make a great deal of money very easily.‘investors in South Wales Electricity were laughing all the way to the bank’
- ‘Because those of us outside the industry aren't the ones making the money hand over fist and laughing all the way to the bank with the existing system.’
- ‘And it looks like the show's top advertisers are laughing all the way to the bank.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the people who will benefit - the rich - will be laughing all the way to the bank…’
- ‘The real criminals will be laughing all the way to the bank.’
- ‘The Aussies might be crying into their beer over the recent loss of the Ashes to the English cricketers, but they are laughing all the way to the bank with their British investments.’
- ‘For themselves, they're grabbing as much as they can, as fast as they can, any way that they can, and laughing all the way to the bank.’
- ‘At the moment, the big promoters are laughing all the way to the bank as they pay the same flat registration fee, irrespective of the prices they charge and how many tickets they sell.’
- ‘And, if tourists come as thick and fast as those visiting cards, Kerala tourism industry will be laughing all the way to the bank.’
- ‘Because I think it is important for us to know who is laughing and who is ridiculing the pain and suffering of so many and, most importantly, laughing all the way to the bank.’
- ‘Whoever came up with the idea of creating special occasions, such as Father's Day, must be laughing all the way to the bank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.