One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The royal secretary was a gifted Latinist with an astute legal mind.’
- ‘A precocious Latinist, he entered the University of Pennsylvania at age fifteen but transferred to Hamilton College, graduating in 1905.’
- ‘Now it's always struck me, as a Latinist - I spent an awful lot of my time learning Latin - that it's very, very hard to make a good argument for teaching Latin.’
- ‘The Scotland that its intellectual ambassador George Buchanan, the greatest Latinist of the Renaissance, hymned before the French court, was independent, historically conscious, and proud of it.’
- ‘As an excellent Latinist, he would have been familiar with the tale of the Sibyl, and probably kept the painting nearby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.