Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Mediterranean man popularly characterized as having a romantic, passionate temperament and great sexual prowess.
- ‘Other people of color get painted by projection as well: the Latin lover, the geisha.’
- ‘The character of Marcello transcends the stereotype of the Latin lover.’
- ‘I've been fighting stereotypes all my life - should I play the Latin lover, should I play the gang member, the drug lord, the gardener?’
- ‘She did not know whether the baby's father was her vicar husband Ashley or hot-blooded Latin lover Carlos.’
- ‘The myth of the Latin lover goes back much further than that, though.’
- ‘He was quite superb, camping it up as the louche Latin lover, complete with red satin frilled shirt open to the waist and buttock hugging leather pants.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.