One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Chicory rhizomes or roots are readily detected, upon fracture, by their radially arranged laticiferous vessels in the bark region.’
- ‘The laticiferous system of the scape consists of several layers of articulated unbranched latieifers.’
- ‘These laticiferous tubules are the source of the milky latex that is used to make natural chewing gums and rubber.’
- ‘Insects cut veins in plants with arborescent resin canals or in plants with laticiferous ducts that do not reticulate.’
- ‘Laticiferous cells are often very prominent in the leaf tissue, with two series of laticiferous cells paralleling each vein, sometimes even up to the 5th order of veins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.