One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is probably less wide than that shown in the official geological maps, and rests above a very thick, deep brown lateritic soil that may be a heavily altered pyroclastic sequence.’
- ‘Important lateritic nickel deposits are found in New Caledonia, Indonesia, and Cuba, all of which are associated with island arc volcanism and plate margins.’
- ‘This type of lateritic soil, we learned, was typical of the entire region.’
- ‘The enclosing rock was a schist that has now altered to a lateritic clay.’
- ‘Most of the route stretches through rolling green hills and intervening rice paddies underlain with rich red lateritic soils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.