Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the first and second ventricles in the centre of each cerebral hemisphere of the brain.
- ‘The internal carotid artery supplies blood to the middle ear, brain, hypophysis, orbit, and choroid plexus of the lateral ventricle.’
- ‘Intraventricular meningiomas are rare but typically occur around the choroid plexus in the trigone of the lateral ventricles.’
- ‘And above each thalamus is the lateral ventricle, within the cerebral hemisphere.’
- ‘The MRI scans were used to quantify total volume of the cerebrum, lateral ventricles, hippocampus and amygdala.’
- ‘He regarded the lateral ventricles of the brain as one paired ventricle and called it the anterior ventricle.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.