Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An image on an exposed film or print that has not yet been made visible by developing.
- ‘Talbot renewed his efforts and discovered, as Daguerre had, the concept of ‘developing’ a latent image by exposing the negative to various chemicals.’
- ‘The latent images formed were developed chemically and fixed.’
- ‘The causes and means of his degeneration are thus present as latent images from the very beginning.’
- ‘In order to see the latent image in the film, the image first must be treated or developed.’
- ‘Dry toner is then developed on the latent image, which is subsequently transferred to paper and fused at high temperatures to fix the image.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.