One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who matures or flourishes at a later age than usual.‘a late developer, he burst to prominence last year’
- ‘As an architect, he was a late developer.’
- ‘There is nothing wrong or untoward about being a late developer—many races are won by those who had a poor start.’
- ‘The 35-year-old attacking midfielder is a late developer who only took the game up seriously at the age of 19.’
- ‘I went abroad at 27, so I'm a late developer.’
- ‘By the time my schoolmates and I reached the age of 15, I, the late developer, had stayed more or less the same size.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.