One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Last in order of mention or occurrence but not of importance.‘last but not least Gary in midfield has been brilliant’‘last, but by no means least, much still needs to be done to improve public attitudes’
- ‘And last but not least, the investigation was closed with unseemly haste.’
- ‘And last but not least, there were the merchandise stalls that popped up between the chicken foot and polyester tracksuit outlets along the street.’
- ‘And last but not least, the president has been issuing executive orders that have been implementing many of the ideas.’
- ‘And last but not least, we've finally scheduled the next several shows!’
- ‘And last but not least, you know, when somebody has that type of a debilitating disease, they feel they need to work, they have to work.’
- ‘And last but not least, what about patient care?’
- ‘And last but not least, I did not receive a text message from the ex.’
- ‘And last but not least when planning permission was granted, all the residents of the building should have been informed and given a period in which to complain.’
- ‘The components of the parrot cage is the last but not least of the important aspects when buying parrot cages.’
- ‘And last but not least, I've become depressed, noncommittal, and grossly pessimistic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.