One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the larynx, typically resulting in huskiness or loss of the voice, harsh breathing, and a painful cough.
- ‘Sporotrichosis needs to be considered in any undiagnosed granulomatous lesions with clinical laryngitis, tracheitis, and bronchitis, especially in the setting of steroid use with other risk factors.’
- ‘Adults may simply have a cold with laryngitis, but children may develop croup.’
- ‘The primary adverse events believed to be related to the study drug were transient laryngitis and hoarseness.’
- ‘Combined with peach seeds cud safflower, myrrh is good for stomatitis, gingivitis and laryngitis.’
- ‘They were used to cure obesity, hemorrhoids, nephritis, laryngitis, eye disorders as well as mental illness.’
- ‘In laryngitis, there is hoarseness, pain, cough and difficulty speaking.’
- ‘Gastroesophageal reflux can lead to extraesophageal complications, including laryngitis, chronic cough, refractory asthma and dental erosions.’
- ‘It can cause a variety of problems, including pneumonia, pharyngitis, laryngitis, ear infections, and a prolonged cough.’
- ‘An early report in the Journal of the American Medical Association recommended diamorphine for the treatment of bronchitis, pneumonia, whooping cough, laryngitis, and hay fever.’
- ‘They are responsible not just for coughing and sniffling, but also for sore throat, croup, pharyngitis, laryngitis and bronchitis.’
- ‘Symptoms of acute laryngitis usually begin quite suddenly and get worse over 2-3 days.’
- ‘But by the time you get through singing in character not in your own voice you get laryngitis.’
- ‘A 72-year-old man who noted laryngitis in February 1998 was found to have a mass on the left side of his neck on physical examination.’
- ‘In those days, people used to think I could cure them of laryngitis, leprosy or haemophilia just by touching them with my horn.’
- ‘Professional singers or people that use their voice excessively on a daily basis are particularly prone to laryngitis, so it is essential that they receive proper training so they do not damage or misuse their voice.’
- ‘The sound varies, from a simple single or double pattern of ‘dry’ cough, due, for example, to laryngitis, to the bubbling, rumbling cough sound of disease with much mucus in the airways.’
- ‘Occasionally, patients may present with rapid onset of hoarseness of voice similar to that encountered in acute viral laryngitis.’
- ‘Other less common diagnoses included otitis media, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, or a combination of these.’
- ‘So from now on there'll be no childish attention-seeking and mentions of laryngitis and bronchial pneumonia every time I get a slight cough or sore throat.’
- ‘Hydration and voice rest are the primary therapy of suspected infectious laryngitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.