One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The larky, willed optimism of the book is revealed, too, by the action: the hero ‘goes through everything and undergoes nothing.’’
- ‘A larky contest with a local bigwig who wants her removed from the street ends with neighbourliness all round.’
- ‘People always think of me as being quite larky.’
- ‘Babs, a larky drifter, hopes to satisfy her spiritual and sexual hunger by returning to her roots.’
- ‘It is rare that an actor as intense as this one, as thoughtful and involved in his work, is willing to be so larky about it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.