One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The larky, willed optimism of the book is revealed, too, by the action: the hero ‘goes through everything and undergoes nothing.’’
- ‘A larky contest with a local bigwig who wants her removed from the street ends with neighbourliness all round.’
- ‘It is rare that an actor as intense as this one, as thoughtful and involved in his work, is willing to be so larky about it.’
- ‘Babs, a larky drifter, hopes to satisfy her spiritual and sexual hunger by returning to her roots.’
- ‘People always think of me as being quite larky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.