One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The largemouth bass.See black bass
- ‘Scientists are studying the species to see why some largemouths grow faster than others and seeing if they can isolate that gene or characteristic so as to be able to introduce it in smaller bass populations.’
- ‘State hatcheries churn out millions of genetically superior largemouths and redfish fingerlings annually.’
- ‘It was a tough trip, but the fishing was outstanding - smallmouths to 3 pounds, largemouths and lots of sunfish.’
- ‘Duke also points out that freshwater black bass, the familiar largemouth and smallmouth, are found in 49 of the 50 states.’
- ‘What would it feel like to bait a hook with one of these animals, and reel in a fifty-pound largemouth?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.