One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The caecum, colon, and rectum collectively.
gut, guts, entrails, visceraView synonyms
- ‘In other species, an expanded region of the first part of the large intestine, the caecum, serves a similar function.’
- ‘Paneth cells are commonly found in the mucosa of the entire small intestine and the proximal large intestine, including the appendix.’
- ‘Gastrointestinal defects are structural defects that can occur at any point along the gastrointestinal tract, which is made up of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, rectum, and anus.’
- ‘The colon is the large intestine or lower bowel and sits in the abdomen, forming the last part of the digestive tract.’
- ‘The colon and the rectum are part of the large intestine, which is part of the digestive system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.