One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small microphone designed to be worn on a person's clothing.‘she was being fitted with a lapel microphone’
- ‘One of her staff members stood in front of the camera and removed her lapel microphone.’
- ‘In general, the room ignores spoken utterances from the lapel microphones not specifically directed to it.’
- ‘When performing in a large venue, I have found a wireless lapel microphone to be an incredibly helpful tool.’
- ‘The lapel microphone was furnished by request.’
- ‘A professor lunges back and forth across the front of the lecture theatre, shouting at uncomfortable levels into the lapel microphone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.