One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See lap dance
- ‘Pole dancing and even lap dancing is increasingly part of youth culture.’
- ‘It annoys me when people say that the next step from lap dancing is prostitution - they just have not got a clue what it is about.’
- ‘Peeking into the back room where the lap dancing took place, I was shocked.’
- ‘With the effective decriminalization of lap dancing at the end of the '90s, the private dance trade enjoyed a price hike as men shelled out ten or even twenty dollars per song for the privilege of touching and being touched.’
- ‘There seemed to be a fair bit of hostility and lap dancing was something you were just expected to do.’
- ‘Vigorous lobbying, a few rallies and marches downtown, and oodles of local and even international publicity forced partial reversal of last summer's near-total ban on lap dancing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.