One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mounted photographic transparency for projection by a magic lantern.
- ‘The actual photographs were seen only in lantern slides accompanying his lectures.’
- ‘This picture here, which you all can't see, but it's a hand coloured glass lantern slide of one of the arches that was built.’
- ‘The Local History Library houses books, press cuttings, maps dating back to 1695, old photographs, postcards, magic lantern slides, watercolours, drawings and engravings.’
- ‘He used lantern slides to show new facilities, including the isolated single OR of Gyne Pavilion set up by Howard A. Kelly, MD, at Johns Hopkins Hospital in 1891.’
- ‘That was when he took to touring the country talking about his experiences, casting doubt on capital punishment, and showing lantern slides of prison scenes and executions (for a fee).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.