One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mounted photographic transparency for projection by a magic lantern.
- ‘This picture here, which you all can't see, but it's a hand coloured glass lantern slide of one of the arches that was built.’
- ‘That was when he took to touring the country talking about his experiences, casting doubt on capital punishment, and showing lantern slides of prison scenes and executions (for a fee).’
- ‘The actual photographs were seen only in lantern slides accompanying his lectures.’
- ‘The Local History Library houses books, press cuttings, maps dating back to 1695, old photographs, postcards, magic lantern slides, watercolours, drawings and engravings.’
- ‘He used lantern slides to show new facilities, including the isolated single OR of Gyne Pavilion set up by Howard A. Kelly, MD, at Johns Hopkins Hospital in 1891.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.